Sinister: NY shows, Ohio listees, and more!

Mick McMick bp224996 at xxx.edu
Thu Sep 24 03:50:09 BST 1998

clint stauffer wrote:
> Just saw that the second NY show has sold out and that the following
> opening acts will be joining B&S:  Nov 1, Containe; Nov 2, Guv'ner.

	Don't know about Guv'ner (an ex-girlfriend was always telling me I
should listen to them) but I like the Containe songs I've heard. One of
them, in true B&S form, is called "Shy Song," and the lyrics include the
following:

	"If you let me, I will show you a good time
	I want to come over every day and every night
	I want to fuck you like you've never been before
	So come on over every day and every night
	I'm shy too ooo-oo-oooh
	I'm shy too..."

	Now for those of you already imagining the song, I must point out that
the song itself is quite soft and poppy, with a nice little organ bit,
too, not terribly unlike B&S. Nearly even twee, but of course with all
the mentions of carnal activities. Anyway, I'm sure all you hipsters are
rolling your eyes and thinking "I knew this already!" but don't forget
that the whole list isn't hipsters... Well, it just struck me as somehow
an appropriate band to open up (so to speak) for B&S.
	In other news, am I the only Ohioan on this list? I thought maybe with
the influx of people there were some other ones. Dare I hope for another
Ohio University student? My flatmate (yes, FLATMATE, Brian & Matt ;)
swears that he heard someone singing "Stars of Track and Field" as he
was walking to class. Now I have to keep my ears keenly open in case
such a thing happens.
	Oh, and I don't want to predict anything, but I was driving with my
other FLATMATE and listening to Tigermilk, when she remarked upon the
fact that she had a newfound respect for my music tastes since we began
living in a flat together. Coincidence? I think not. The girl's a huge
Smiths fan, she has no chance. So I'm hoping to report one for Our
Side...

> On a side note, at Other Music on East 4th St., the new album is #1 on
> the list of their top twenty best sellers with Sinister still hanging
> around at #13

	Yes, and did you notice the B&S setlist tacked up on the wall, too? So,
now I want to know who's opening up the DC show. It's a shame that Pam
Berry isn't around the city anymore =(  Come on, I want to know who's
opening up for the shows I hope to go to!

	The Boy Who Fell over a Bike,

 /"\_/"\_/"\    Mick McMick - bp224995 at oak.cats.ohiou.edu - ICQ#5056758
 \         /    Sandcastle Records - (same e-mail for now)