Sinister: ACHTUNG! Matthew Wimbury, but others also...

IAN CAMPBELL ian.campbell6 at xxx.net
Wed Sep 23 20:20:54 BST 1998

Regarding mr. wimbury

I have a copy of snow patrol’s album, which I would be happy to tape, if you
’d send me the tape. Also I’m intending to buy curtains by the tindersticks
very soon. So if you want to mail me privately, summat could be arranged. I’
m not sure what you could repay me with, obviously a copy of Tigermilk is my
grail, but we’re not supposed to mention that, are we? Anyway, if anyone can
assist
 you know what I mean, nudge nudge, wink wink.  Has anyone else an
opinion on snow patrol? They played the point in oxford, a week or so gone,
with magoo, and they were enthralling. The singer was marginally scary. But
this prompted me to buy the album, and whilst buying it in the only
independent store in the WHOLE OF ALL OXFORD, I realised I was stood right
next to Thom Yorke, and another radiohead bloke. I’m not a huge radiohead
fan, but it was still weird. I couldn’t bring myself to say anything though,
(the people in that shop probably think I’m weird anyway, I spend so much
time in there.), so I’ve been mentally kicking myself for the last week.
Anyway this is my first posting, though I’ve been a’ spyin’ on yous for a
while now, and you all seem thoroughly nice and reading your letters is
lovely, because I didn’t know anybody who really liked B&S before. I wish I
could go to a gig, or something, but I don’t think oxford is really a place
where bands think of coming, though B&S played the zodiac last year and I
MISSED IT. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.  I don’t know how much longer I’ll be on
the list, as we’re a bit poor at the moment and sinister seems not to be my
papa’s priority.
I’ve inherited a cardigan from a friend of the family and am wearing it due
to no clean clothes, but it smells of cat food, and I am ashamed to leave
the house.
My infallible logic says if B&S can sell out a venue in oxford, there must
be fans in the area. My knowledge of B&S fans says there is a chance some
might be on the list. If so I’d like to hear from you. I’m getting bored of
oxford on my own, and knowing hardly anyone (despite having lived in the
area all my life)
This has gone on too long, and must be a bit dull to read, so au revoir ma
petit poubles (GCSE French gets you a long way, you know),

Yours severely,
                          TrailerVille
(Strangely, a pseudonym)

Ooh. P.S. for the oxfordites, did anyone see, or was anyone the busker in
the covered market doing ‘get me away from here
I’m dying’?

P.P.S, is my address ontop of this? i t ' s . . .
ian.campbell6 at virgin.net