Sinister: TwattyOK

John Johnston JohnJ at xxx.com
Thu Sep 24 09:41:26 BST 1998

Mark - if you ever lend your copy of Sinister out again and need one to
listen to you can always borrow mine. I'm bound to be listening to
TWATTYBUS. Any talk that it's not up to scratch is "nonsense on stilts"
(to quote Jeremy Bentham who reviewed records for the early Victorian
NME when it was the New Musicographical Empire...) and anyone who
disagrees clearly isn't me.

I know we all want to sing Honey's praises but at least one enterprising
soul has done so. I see Mr David McAlmont has released a new single
called simply "Honey". I've heard an advance copy and it's a rhapsodic
account of the trials and tribulations of UNIX list administration for a
man trying to bring up two Newts on an astronomers salary. Tear jerking
stuff. And when I say "bring up" I don't mean regurgitate, thank you.

I'm off to sharpen my Haiku skills. Congrats to Trousers on a top-hole
idea for a competition. I keep comming across Haiku in the oddest
places. When working in Portsmouth i found a little book telling the
story of a year in the town in Haiku form. Then in Japan I saw a copy of
a book called "Tales of the Eccentric Haiku Poets" which looked like a
storming read. Apparently in Edo period Japan it easily outsold a rival
publication "Lives of the Very Normal Haiku Poets" - such is life. And
then there was a chap who used to send my parents Haiku each Christmas.
He was a lawyer from Regina, Saskatchewan. Mail me privately if you can
finish a limerick with that as a first line.

Sorry I've got to miss Rory's picnic - will somebody who doesn't know
anyone please go in my stead.

xx
John