Sinister: hefner, b+s connection

Sandra Duric sandrad at xxx.com
Thu Sep 24 13:31:10 BST 1998

good morning,

well, i'm sure you all know all about the great mr. doogan who produced the
B+S album and mojave3's latest album, but i was surprised about the hefner
connection (too pure band); listening to its "home on the range" guitar +
jonathan richman style vocals, i had to wonder how we go from beauty to
something this raw - sort of reminded me of cows crying to a painful death
at times, or better yet, a bunch of drunken blokes singing off key in the
dead silence of the night outside your bedroom window...

also, if it's not already a known fact, Stuart M had a hand in the third
track of hefner's "Breaking God's Heart" and the liner said something about
thank you to B+S for the drum samples - does anyone know what Stuart
actually did?  and what drum samples they are talking about?  and does
anyone know what other albums doogan has produced or worked on (is there a
web site for this sort of info?)

kindly thanking you in advance

sandra
=super excited about Toronto show,
semi-disappointed that it is now all ages
(yes, it does make a difference...), but all's
fair in love and music