Sinister: Stars of list and (picnic) field

Funkyseb at xxx.com Funkyseb at xxx.com
Thu Sep 24 14:08:53 BST 1998

God, we're beautiful people!
I've just had a trawl through the world of B&S on the web, and I ended up on
honey's people page. And, my dears, you're as fascinating in your photos as
you are in your mails.
I'd be lying if I didn't say that
http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/people/Keithpissed.jpg
was by far and away the funniest thing I've seen for weeks, along with
http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/people/Hairchris.jpg, though
http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/people/Duke.jpg
rates very highly as well. Go have a look, see who you're dealing with.
         It's funny, but when I first joined the list, I imagined what I
thought people would look like, and despite honey's photos those first
impressions are still with me today, ooh, eleven-odd months later. So here we
are:
Genevieve- has fairy wings, which she uses to fly down to the record shop, and
hover outside record shop boy's window, singing fragile love songs
Mick Cooke- (not strictly a list member) will always look like that yokel geo-
physicist with sideburns, from Time Team. I don't know why.He just does.
Brad- is Mother from the (original) avengers. again, dunno why.
Chris Leonard looks like Mr Spock most of the time, but occasionally like a
large citrus fruit-orange, lime, or lemon, depending on the season, and my
mood.
Mphintz is my old violin teacher! My poor fingers ache with memory of
arpeggios when I read your (lovely) mails, Matthew.
Anyway, I hope I haven't offended anyone, I just thought it fair that I let
you know these things.
         It's really hard to imagine people all over the world loving Belle
and Sebastian. I used to think you were all from Carshulton Beeches or Epsom,
and just pretended to be american etc. But then I found a picture of some
beautiful people, looking recognisably picnicesque. They looked like they
could have been going to the Botanical Gardens, or Primrose Hill, but there,
in the background, is a map of New York, and a subway sign.
Wow! I think the point I'm struggling to make is 'Support your local picnic!'
We're joined together by something extremely powerful and unexpected- as I was
saying to a very nice listee who's recently helped me enormously, I've never
met a B&S fan I haven't liked, and I've never met a B&S fan who hasn't made me
feel very welcome. I guarantee that you will meet people there whom you'll
wonder how you managed without.
We may be saddo bedroom obsessives, but there's no reason why we can't obsess
together...
see you at the picnic?
seb
(incidentally it's only fair that I tell you all that I'm very visible in the
Greenwich picture on the look what I did at school today mummy page. Look for
the hair. I'm underneath it.)