Sinister: St Etienne

Adrian Evans AEvans at xxx.uk
Thu Sep 24 14:55:17 BST 1998

Keith wrote :

>Saint Etienne are a football team who became a band after being bought
over
>by a media empire. The band consists of 3 Mexicans, 2 Eskimos and a
couple
>of dancing chickens, they produce a kind of fusion between melancholy
pop
>music, jazz, and Italia House '90. Their last album was called "Back in

>Black" produced bravely after suffering the tragic loss of their
drummer
>Lord Lucan, it's a great listen and includes the hits "Grandma we love
you"
>and a cover version of Clive Dunn's "Grandad"

Whilst this is almost certainly the most comical explanation of the
group we'll get, I can reveal Keith is leading you on a magical mystery
tour right up the garden path maybe via a flowerbed depending how
bladdered he is.

J - Bluepoets wrote :

>saint etienne musically is nothing like belle and sebastian, but they
are ear
>worthy and put out some honest to goodness tunes.  their lead singer is
a doll

Indeed she is, and the bass player is a teddy bear with one eye and the
drummer a tin soldier and there next single is called *Making Love in
Legoland* and it's fucking crap.

Flyaway Peter wrote :

>Back to business: oooh arrr! oooh arrr! I be Sidmouth Isaac Hayes an I
bin
>shaggin wenches in the orrrrrrrchard!
>All right, all right! I know it's not very funny

Oh oi don't know me booooty, at least oi can understand what you'm
writin'.

This is going nowhere as usual.

Did I ever tell you I love you ?

Ta ra playmates