Sinister: deja summer

lorelei tremelor lorelei_27 at xxx.com
Thu Sep 24 14:57:05 BST 1998

 maybe i'm crazy, but if belle and sebastian were around
>during the good old shoegazer days of 1991 and rocked out a bit more,
>wouldn't the band then be reminiscent of the saints?  call me crazy...

hmm... i don't know about that- perhaps stuart's vocals remind you
of ian masters'.  they do both have that thick-in-the-throat sound.
same goes for he out of blueboy, whose name escapes me.  and ed
ka-spel (legendary pink dots)

pale saints were far too drenched in reverb and cascading drums
to be like b&s.

lorraine

p.s.  how did "only tongue can tell" go?