Sinister: a strapping young arab AKA a drunken groom on jo wiley

padraic doorey padraic_fresheire at xxx.com
Thu Sep 24 15:38:01 BST 1998

"hello" he said sheepishly....

Yes! I saw arab strap on the jo wiley show…..only coz I had consumed a
tad too much bubbly and chose to crash in front of the teevee after
ally mcbeal.

Can I please rant on a little about miss wiley?  She annoys the poo
out of my freshly irrigated colon.  She is an arrogant sow who knows
surprisingly little about music considering she hosts a show dedicated
to "what's going on in the scene" (her words not mine) and persists in
sitting atop some glowing pedestal thinking that we, the true lovers
of new music, actually give a toss what her opinion may be and which
second rate celebrity she has on her panel to agree or intellectualise
about whatever meagre points she wishes to throw open to the floor.  A
painful example of this last fact is the show she did with ian brown
of the stone roses, chrissie hynde and tricky (I think) - they were
talking all about how manchester "changed the vibe man".  What utter
bjollox!

I am quite thankful that I saw the show last night actually.  I had
forgotten how bad it is.  I have to admit thought that placebo rocked
my ankles a little.  i quite fancied that bassist.

Lady Penelope (sans tiara)