Sinister: I'll show you claws

Corpora Arenacea lonelyhighway at xxx.com
Thu Sep 24 15:38:34 BST 1998

>because it's a feeble way in which to claw out some desperate scintilla
of
>individuality in this zombifying mass-culture world.   or maybe not.

That's pretty funny considering that pretty much all of you listed the
exact same bands. I swear, if anyone pulls that stunt again (i.e. asking
questions that you know that every single dork on the list will answer,
the same way- yourstruly as well in case you were wondering) I'll hook
my car battery up to my computer and electrocute them. I had to
unsubscribe.... it was that bad.... go to digest. I couldn't take it.
I mean, I really hate deleting everyone's messages en masse but I
couldn't take another waiting three minutes just to see "oh, Smiths...
Pulp..... Radiohead.... Jesus and Mary Chain..... Elliott Smith...."
(oh! and no black people, ha ha, except for the alphabetizing
trainspotter I saw toss in Albert Ayler, as if) I mean, really.
   The best instore music experience was once when Tower was pushing the
Spiritualized album and left this disastrous 10-minute fuzz-storm
playing, it was funny just to see people's heads turn up to the speakers
like those flowers caught in stop-action on nature shows.
    Going into class every day of third grade made me sigh.... I just
sat in the back of the class and copied maps out of atlases all day.
By the way, that was a bitchslapworthy question too but since it demands
a modicum of creativity to answer (i.e. who the fuck remembers what made
them sigh back then? Cry, maybe, but sigh? I think really young people
only sigh when they're bored, and I think, really, that Belle and
Sebastian would make a young boy sigh).
    Without misgiving, I paid upwards of fifty bucks to see Isaac Hayes
play in Israel... I guess it was worth it as my brother and I were
televised, live, running down to the front and dancing when "shaft" was
played. Everyone else there was an uptight Israeli rock star or my
uncle.