Sinister: Goodbye... ...for now.

J Errington james at xxx.com
Thu Sep 24 17:53:09 BST 1998

Not that you're paying attention any more (see last posting) but this will
probably be my last post for a while as I'm going to Uni, and while I'll keep
subscribed I'll probably be too busy to contribute. Well, it's been a fun-ish few
months, and I suppose I wish you well. I'm sure you'll all be pleased to know
I'm too tired to be as depressed as I was when I wrote the last message Yes -
depressed i.e. not pissed off. It just read like that. I suppose I'd better answer
my critics then:

Tag wrote:
> Anyone fancy a pint?
> Emile Zola
Well hardy fuckin' har, tag.

Keith Watson wrote:
> I guess the entire list owes "Weejay"
Hold on - wait a sec. What are you implying with those inverted commas mr
Watson? For your information everyone has called me WeeJay for a couple of
years now. It started off when me and my friends went bowling and we all had
bowling names - Aaron was Bavarian Monkey, Charlie was Princess Cheila and
I was Wildman Jim (I cant remember the others) This turned into WJ and
eventually WeeJay. So there. You can carry on now.
> I guess the entire list owes "Weejay" an apology for their conservative
> tastes. Next time we'll all have to match up to his more exacting
> standards, remember kids next time you post a large list of bands,
> regardless of whether you like  them or not, make sure they're not what
> Weejay would be expecting. Bear in mind that all 700 of us really ought to
> be making sure we don't disappoint him.
Ooh, claws out Keith. All I was saying was that I expected that people who had
made the effort to 'discover' B&S would have made the effort to search out other
good stuff neglected for its uncommerciality. See? I'm not saying don't post
your lists although I have to agree about their tiresomeness, I'm just making a
comment about them. Look, I was feeling a bit depressed, you cant begrudge
me that. Oh I give up. I hope this is the end of this crap.
So this is probably goodbye. Please, people, respond to the e-mails of others
at least a bit, and don't be over-obsessed by B&S content. I mean, I hope this
can be a place to meet other B&S fans and that gives you a certain class of
person you usually search in vein to find to talk to. Anyway, bye.

			Unashamedly,
				WeeJay X X X X X X X

"Modern capitalism, organising the reduction of all social
life to a spectacle, cannot offer any other spectacle than
that of our own alienation"
james at twopounds.u-net.com (my site kills browsers)
http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Cabaret/5523/