Sinister: defamation of character

duke of harringay tangent at xxx.net
Thu Sep 24 17:00:54 BST 1998

Philippe GARNIER wrote:

> The Duke wrote :
> >Saint Etienne are a lovely french group. for some reason, all of the
> >music is in english, but that's besides the point.

ah, the pain, the pain... Pop mistakes are just NOT the Duke's bag, as
you should all know by now. The Duke's greatest pride comes from the way
people point at him, saying in hushed tones, 'there's the pretentious
twat that think he knows everything about Pop. What a dick. Let's go
beat him up.'

It goes without saying that the Duke wouldn't even have the sense of
humour to make the above statement as a joke, if indeed it was intended
as a joke in the first place. Hmm. 'Humourless' is a word often heard
bandied around the classroom when the Duke is strutting his stuff. Why
only last week he intercepted a note which said 'sir is a grump'.
Punishment was two A4 sides of what sir could do to be less of a grump.
one suggestion was smiling. HA!

St Etienne were in fact a one time marvelous Pop combo who too often
were only mediocre, but hey, what the hell. Anyone searching the
archives for all our fave list songs will discover that the Duke's fave
was/is a St Etienne track that is gorgeously obscure.

B&S content? Ah, nope...

Ms Baxter, PA to his Dukeness of Harringay

--

'all of our dreams are dying of overdoses'

Tangents On-Line http://www.virtual-pc.com/tangent/
PO Box 102, Exeter, EX2 4YL, UK
tangent at lineone.net