Sinister: saint etienne

The Eclectic Electric phil.houghton at xxx.uk
Thu Sep 24 19:03:50 BST 1998

st. etienne are quite pleasant synth-pop type stuff...  very
sophisticated in a sugary sort of way...  in my opinion, they have
little to do with belle and sebastian, but when i first heard them, i
thought they sounded like a synthier (see what i mean with the
"uneloquent" ---  which, come to think of it, is an even less eloquent
construction) version of prefab sprout.   i have been surprised not to
hear any references to prefab sprout in these parts.  in my opinion they
are the greatest pop band of all time and not entirely unlike belle and
sebastian...  please berate me if you feel the need...

I think Prefab Sprout are brilliant, but I don't not think they're not
not entirely unlike Belle and Sebastian.

--
The Eclectic Electric

"U Sexy Motherpopper!!!"