Sinister: ACHTUNG! Matthew Wimbury, but others also...

Anastasia Signoretta Anastasia_Signoretta at xxx.com
Thu Sep 24 23:23:47 BST 1998

hullo listees,

at some in his massive post, ian asked if anyone had an opinion on snow
patrol.  well, i certainly do.  i 'met' the lovely lads last...october was
it?...when they played a gig with mogwai here in new york, at brownie's.  i
didn't actually *see* snow patrol's set...my friend and i were somewhere
else, i think...but we started chatting with gary at the bar and he ended
up giving up a copy of a demo tape.  (mogwai's set, incidentally, was
brilliant of course.)  my friend and i rushed home to listen to the tape,
quite curious as we hadn't seen sp's gig and figuring they were such nice
boys *and* on jeepster, they must be all right at least.  in the end we
were very impressed.  they remind one of palace brothers and sebadoh,
without being annoyingly low-fi...plus they're northern irishmen living in
scotland which is a plus in my book.  so ian and anyone who cares, my
opinion of snow patrol is a good one.

however, i don't think they're releasing anything in the states.  i know
they were supposed to come back to new york at some point and play again
but as far as i know this never happened.  i suppose i should be asking
katrina about this but if anyone has any info then please do share.  the
friend who was with me that night, by the way, did get to see them play
live when she moved to london and sure enough, true to rumor, jonny did get
his, erm, balls out during the gig.

well, anyway, snow patrol yah.  it's the end of the day and i need to go
home...

cheers, stasia

anastasia signoretta
atlantic records
international media relations
1290 avenue of the americas
24th floor
new york, ny 10104
212.707.2619
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
'but how can i see stars
if my feet are on the ground?'
ride
-------------
Original Text
>From "IAN CAMPBELL" <ian.campbell6 at virgin.net>, on 9/23/98 3:20 PM:
Regarding mr. wimbury

I have a copy of snow patrolÆs album, which I would be happy to tape, if
you
Æd send me the tape. Also IÆm intending to buy curtains by the tindersticks
very soon. So if you want to mail me privately, summat could be arranged.
IÆ
m not sure what you could repay me with, obviously a copy of Tigermilk is
my
grail, but weÆre not supposed to mention that, are we? Anyway, if anyone
can
assistà you know what I mean, nudge nudge, wink wink.  Has anyone else an
opinion on snow patrol? They played the point in oxford, a week or so gone,
with magoo, and they were enthralling. The singer was marginally scary. But
this prompted me to buy the album, and whilst buying it in the only
independent store in the WHOLE OF ALL OXFORD, I realised I was stood right
next to Thom Yorke, and another radiohead bloke. IÆm not a huge radiohead
fan, but it was still weird. I couldnÆt bring myself to say anything though,
(the people in that shop probably think IÆm weird anyway, I spend so much
time in there.), so IÆve been mentally kicking myself for the last week.
Anyway this is my first posting, though IÆve been aÆ spyinÆ on yous for a
while now, and you all seem thoroughly nice and reading your letters is
lovely, because I didnÆt know anybody who really liked B&S before. I wish I
could go to a gig, or something, but I donÆt think oxford is really a place
where bands think of coming, though B&S played the zodiac last year and I
MISSED IT. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.  I donÆt know how much longer IÆll be
on
the list, as weÆre a bit poor at the moment and sinister seems not to be my
papaÆs priority.
IÆve inherited a cardigan from a friend of the family and am wearing it due
to no clean clothes, but it smells of cat food, and I am ashamed to leave
the house.
My infallible logic says if B&S can sell out a venue in oxford, there must
be fans in the area. My knowledge of B&S fans says there is a chance some
might be on the list. If so IÆd like to hear from you. IÆm getting bored of
oxford on my own, and knowing hardly anyone (despite having lived in the
area all my life)
This has gone on too long, and must be a bit dull to read, so au revoir ma
petit poubles (GCSE French gets you a long way, you know),

Yours severely,
                          TrailerVille
(Strangely, a pseudonym)

Ooh. P.S. for the oxfordites, did anyone see, or was anyone the busker in
the covered market doing æget me away from here àIÆm dyingÆ?

P.P.S, is my address ontop of this? i t ' s . . .
ian.campbell6 at virgin.net

InetReceived: from gatekeeper.wmg.com by corp.wmg.com via 207.142.212.98
with SMTP-TCP; Thu, 24 Sep 1998 17:16:07 EDT
InetReceived: from internalif.wmg.com ([207.142.212.97]) by
gatekeeper.wmg.com (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id RAA08544 for
<Anastasia_Signoretta at wmg.com>; Thu, 24 Sep 1998 17:07:03 -0400 (EDT)
InetReceived: from localhost (daemon at localhost) by envy.ph.ed.ac.uk
(8.6.12/8.6.12) with SMTP id LAA05940; Thu, 24 Sep 1998 11:26:01 +0100
InetReceived: by envy.ph.ed.ac.uk (bulk_mailer v1.9); Thu, 24 Sep 1998
11:25:16 +0100
InetReceived: (from majordomo at localhost) by envy.ph.ed.ac.uk
(8.6.12/8.6.12) id LAA05861 for sinister-outgoing; Thu, 24 Sep 1998
11:25:03 +0100
InetReceived: from newmail.virgin.net (newmail.virgin.net [194.168.54.44])
by envy.ph.ed.ac.uk (8.6.12/8.6.12) with ESMTP id LAA05854 for
<sinister at majordomo.net>; Thu, 24 Sep 1998 11:24:56 +0100
InetReceived: from o9x8x1 ([194.168.67.29]) by newmail.virgin.net
(Post.Office MTA v3.5 release 217 ID# 0-52107U250000L250000S0V35) with SMTP
id net for <sinister at majordomo.net>; Wed, 23 Sep 1998 19:21:02 +0000