Sinister: eh? bossanova?

João Henrique Horst horst at xxx.br
Fri Sep 25 05:09:31 BST 1998

Actually THERE WAS some bossa-nova on the lists.

If not the classic João & Astrud Gilberto/Antonio Carlos (Tom) Jobim/Nara
Leão/Edu Lobo stuff, we had Strereolab, Everything But The Girl and others,
not to mention them - what would a slower version of "Ease Your Feet..." be
but a piece of bossa-nova at its most traditional ? By the way, "Troubles
come and troubles go/The trouble that we've come to know/Will stay with us
till we get old/..." could almost be a translation of "Tristeza não tem
fim/Felicidade sim", couldn't it Ivo/Tara ?

Suggestions ? Sure. Dig for Red Hot + Rio and Nova Bossa - Red Hot On Verve.
Both are worth listening if you're interested in that kind of sound.

Jh
"I have heard the big music
And I'll never be the same
Someting so pure