Sinister: Bossa nova baby

Mctaggart, Robert MctaggartR at xxx.com
Fri Sep 25 17:35:11 BST 1998

Hello,

Oh well, I was going to join in the fun of the "black music" debate, but
the latest digest just arrived and you've done it all for me.  I feel
like someone walking in on a pub brawl.

Cynthia wrote:

>I've got this thing for the brazilians.

Maybe you or Ivo can help me out here then.  I heard an amazing
Brazilian record at a friend's house recently, it's just called "Baby",
and it's by one of those people like Gal Costa or Os whatever.  It's a
girl singing and it's one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard,
just pure sunshiney Latin-tinged pop.  I gather it's part of a four CD
boxed set thing that costs about 60 pounds, but I was wondering if it
was available in err...less bulky (and expensive form).  Ivo, if you can
help me, I may even overlook you publically eyeing up my girlfriend.
And you too, Mr so-called Miller.

but then said:

>St Etienne were in fact a one time marvelous Pop combo who too often
>were only mediocre, but hey, what the hell.

Note the use of the past tense here.  I think maybe rumours of The Et's
death have been greatly exagerrated.  You shouldn't believe everything
you read in the music press, you know.  But Duke, your error made you
look human, and you know what...it suited you.

Sarahpoo wrote:

>OH WELL THANK YOU MISTER MILLER! I have not seen Heavenly Creatures! >I
was notified from chat about your lovely observation, and told the
>character that you mention is boring, dull, drab, and a psycho. Thank
>you.

Actually Sarah, not only is "Heavenly Creatures" a smashing film, but
the character in question is truly intense in her intenseness.  In fact,
the intensity of her intenseness makes Kate Winslett look little more
than a SHALLOW FASCIST.  I thought she was dead ace, actually.  Peter
was paying you a compliment.  Oh, Peter, you'll be happy to know that I
am a right bleeding ponce and I've seen "Strawberries and chocolate" and
so I got your joke.

Oh sod this, I'm going to Sweden.

Love Tag x