Sinister: Has he ever seen Dondi?

Nicola4230 at xxx.com Nicola4230 at xxx.com
Sun Sep 27 07:20:27 BST 1998

Well, like it or not, Belle and Sebastian are headed for the big time. Why,
because they are in this week's issue of People magazine!!!  For those of you
who don't know, People magazine is, hmm how to sum it up? well, Satan's own
entertainment weekly sounds about right.  A sycophantic celebrity rag that
normally reports on critical news such as what Cameron Diaz wore last week,
the latest issue has a review of "TBWTAS".
I'm not going to bother transcribing it, because it just says what most of the
others do - "good lyrics, beautiful songs touching melodies blah blah" and
anyway you wouldn't read it if I did. But they did mention that "sometimes the
band gets a little too snide for its own good" specifically targeting "Seymour
Stein" which is "about skipping a meeting with a record company exec" and then
at the end of the article they say something about the "funny name" of the
band.  Maybe it's just me, but it seems "seymour stein" gets misinterpreted a
lot, cos when i listen to it I feel sorry for the guy... there he's stuck
washing dishes and bemoaning the loss of his lil chiquita while the rest of
the band gets wined and dined down the road... anyway if you're interested go
check out People.
(And can I just point out that the only reason I was reading People is I was
stuck in line at Safeway and the guy in front of me had snatched the last
available issue of "US Weekly News and World Report.")

tata,
Tara

PS Erm, apologies if any of you work for People magazine.