Sinister: then I get refreshed by her cold cold stare

Corpora Arenacea lonelyhighway at xxx.com
Sun Sep 27 19:46:39 BST 1998

	That's Jonathan Richman in that movie? Wow. I thought it was the
directors or something casting themselves into their own movie. I had a
suspicion, but it looked too goofy, and I really wanted to get out of
the theater quickly when it was over, I think.
	I was the one who started the race war.... though it's been fun
watching the clumsy ebonization of ordinarily-twee B+S posts, I don't
know, I think the point was a little flubbed.... I guess the fact that
that barrier, or whatever you want to call it, still exists to a large
extent irks me at least as much as the lack of really loud bands on the
list. I don't know. I listened to Prolapse this morning and it was good
but I find it rare that I want to listen to bonecrushingly loud music
anymore. Could be school, or age, or culture tide. I wonder when that
will be back in style again. I heard Bob Mould perform a rap/jungle song
yesterday and it literally broke my heart. It was at one of those silly
listening posts and I suddenly felt very ashamed to be listening to it.
Stiffen up, tender souls, for the Belle and Sebastian speedgarage album
is on the way.
	On the other hand last week, 1500 cd's into my collection, I bought my
first Beastie Boys album and it's the best album I've heard this year,
pretty much. So there goes my race theory. I still feel like a Long
Island whiteboy frat-ape driving around listening to the BeeBee's at top
volume, but really, I have no choice.
	Oh, and big up (ha ha) to whoever gave props to Lauryn Hill... her new
album is phenomenal, really, don't cheat yourselves everyone.
	The new record finally made sense to me today. Hurray. All I really had
to do is turn it up. I think it is, however, unhealthy that all the band
thinks about these days is the biz and I don't mean markie if you know
what I mean.

													-MF

"I go to bakeries all day long,there's a lack of sweetness in my life"
													-JoJo