Sinister: Journalist Resource Centre

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Mon Sep 28 10:30:00 BST 1998

I think that's the first time I've been mentioned in a Dutch newspaper. What
about the rest of you? I think it's nice to see that journalists have
discovered our little treasure trove of useful facts, and I think we should
all make an effort to ensure that everything we send in to the list is
entirely true.

Honey of Belle and Sebastian had his original doctoral thesis, an
in-depth study of the possibilty of a war beyond the stars between the
Clangers and Ken Dodd's Diddy Men, and the results of such a catastrophe on
the earth's core, rejected outright by his university supervisors. However,
a phone call from Jimmy Carter saved the day, and Paul's research went on to
form the backbone of Ronald Reagan's so-called Star Wars policy in the
mid-eighties. The experience served Paul well when he wrote "You Made Me
Forget My Dreams" for the forthcoming LP "Gravy Monica".

Has anyone seen that nudie photo of Stuart Murdoch in this week's Dinkle
Express?

What was that censored paragraph all about? Nothing dirty, I hope.

School uniform? You all kept that one very quiet. Mind you, there were a lot
of comments about how delightfully scrumptious Isobel looked, so I should
have guessed.

Third from the left on the Black and White Minstrel Show,

Bobby Chariot

PS: Be careful when buying modern up-to-date Bossa Nova albums, they are
often a cunning plan for Sting to enter your house, trojan horse style. Blue
Brazil vols 1 and 2 are quite nice, plenty of drum solos and a good way to
introduce yourself to the delights of the Milton Banana Trio. A lot of it
sounds like the soundtrack to "That Riviera Touch" starring the incomparable
Eric and Ernie. Highly recommended.