No subject

Corpora Arenacea lonelyhighway at xxx.com
Tue Sep 29 13:36:04 BST 1998

Not enough hard rock
on this list. I suggest we
listen to Prolapse.

	Don't be a hard rock when you really are a gem, girlfriend, lemme break
it down for you again.
	Eeeee, bitter/cold.
	I don't like turncoats.
	All the people on this list sure weren't half this adorable in 1992.
	What I mean is that they were all listening to Fugazi and Mudhoney and
the Dead C and shit like that because it was vogueish to be into, you
know, the 'extremes of rock', all the Stooges and stuff.
	Well, now that bowel-loosening guitar distortion can be found on every
local "Hot Pop Tarts" radio station the one-step-ahead crowd only feels
comfortable admitting fondness for soft-spoken Angloid bands, by and
large.... Don't think that yours truly isn't at least partly implicated
as well. If you'd described Felt to me then I'd have certainly had no
interest in ever listening to them.  I still love the Stooges, and I
don't know if you've heard Prolapse.... I think they're pretty funny,
but whatever. I also love the Divine Comedy (and Belle and Sebastian,
duh) but it just seems that this "orchestral pop" wavelet is already
getting swollen with cellists-come-lately, know what I mean, that is,
for me any band that will come on the scene right now with some swelling
string sections and sly, blase lyrics would evince an instant
kill-at-will response.
	I wonder what today's junior highschoolers will make into their
revolution, soon to become its own worst mockery.
	I have a friend who loves the Divine Comedy only because Hannon looks
so Divinely =bored= on his covers, just so, so cute. She sold her album
back to the store when she lost the insert.

	Still, that haiku sort of hurt.

												=-=