Sinister: There Will Be No Sweeter Sound

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Tue Sep 29 12:31:42 BST 1998

I bought the Okeh gospel story, thinking it would be full of ecclesiastical
northern stompers, but it isn't. On the plus side, it does feature a
previously unreleased performance by Brother Rodney. So that's where he got
to!

I believe Finland churns out bucketloads of shit-hot techno of the nosebleed
variety. It should do anyway.

Sarah, TO MONKEE may not be a verb, but TO MONKEE AROUND most definitely is.
I know how to say it in Spanish, but I'm not telling you because you called
me a bucket of stale wee-wee the other day and saw fit to laugh at all us
sensitive souls who enjoy the odd dose of romantic bossa nova to relieve our
aches and pains. I suspect you are secretly very twee indeed.

Goodness gracious! Is this list really ablaze? Pah!

Would it be out of place for me to suggest one of those nice noticeboards
for all these spare tickets for NYC requests we keep getting? I don't mean
to be a grouchy grumbletrousers, but they're draining the very life from my
trembling frame. If this continues, I promise myself I'll treat myself and
visit a nearby tower, and climbing to the top, I'll throw my pants right
off, in an effort to make it clear to who... oh dear, I've forgotten the
rest. I think that song's probably ripe for a revival.

Peter

PS: Another warning about Brazilian music. Some of it sounds remarkably
similar to Cleo Laine. Bee doo doobie doo and so forth. Not everyone's cup
of tea, it must be admitted.