Sinister: The Delgados, Union Chapel 1.10.98

Mark Casarotto Mark at xxx.com
Tue Sep 29 14:52:09 BST 1998

Good afternoon my pretties,

Just thought I'd write to ask if anyone's going to the Delgados Union
Chapel gig in London this Thursday? Me and my mate are going to be
there, so if anyone fancies meeting up, or saying hello, that would be
very lovely indeed. There are still tickets available (or there were at
2.45 pm this afternoon), so come along and watch the third best band in
Scotland (supported by Six by Seven) in the company of us some groovy
people. Write privately to the above address if you do!

While I'm here, can I just add that a dislike of St Etienne seems a bit
of a poor excuse for quitting the list. And is Corporea accusing us of
all being part of the one-step-ahead crowd (sic), ready to move onto the
next scene when it arrives, having already discarded our Mudhoney badges
and mugs when B&S burst onto the softly-spoken angloid scene ("look out
Jim! The Angloid mother ship is closing in, and our shields can't take
much more!")? Or am I missing the point and taking myself too seriously
again? I can't imagine B&S will ever be "in" enough for people to feel
the need to pretend to like them - and I'm pretty sure there's no-one on
this list who's only in it for the cred points it affords.

I heard B&S on the radio last night for the first time since XFM went
belly up (and have you seen what they're doing to Radio 1? I'm too
resigned to be upset this time). Can't remember which one though...

I'm not funny today. No change there, then.

I want to find out how I can get my phone to play "songs for Children"
whenever it rings. I don't think it's possible, but it was a nice
fantasy for 5 minutes.

hasta luego, chicos,
Mark xxx