Sinister: I am curious, yellow

Robert McTaggart mctag at xxx.com
Tue Sep 29 16:52:15 BST 1998

Dear Helen,

When are we going to see you get your kit off?

...ooops, sorry, wrong letter.

Corpora wrote:

>Don't be a hard rock when you really are a gem, girlfriend, lemme break
>it down for you again. Eeeee, bitter/cold.

Either I'm stupid or that's just gibberish.  And I'm not stupid.

>I don't like turncoats.

I don't like shellsuits, but I don't go on about it.

>All the people on this list sure weren't half this adorable in 1992.

All of us?  It's an interesting viewpoint.

>What I mean is that they were all listening to Fugazi and Mudhoney and
>the Dead C blah blah oooh I'm an angry young thing with a point to prove
>even if it bears no relation to reality I feel things so much more strongly
>than anyone else just like Oliver Stone band that will come on the scene
>right now with some swelling string sections and sly, blase lyrics would
>evince an instant kill-at-will response.

Obviously, this is complete and utter bollocks, designed to provoke a
reaction.  Just imagine how successful today's bands would be if they
had thought of such a clever and original form of self-publicity.

Incidentally, I don't think our friend was leaving the list because he
didn't like Saint Etienne, I think he was quoting that as an example,
and he was leaving because he was bored with 90% of the posts.  I
simply can't imagine why.

I forgot to mention Chris wearing blue nail varnish in Stockholm.  I
was hoping that it would be blue and yellow as some kind of tribute to
the country was in, but nevertheless it was a nice touch, I thought.

Talking of Scandinavian bands, has anyone heard the Opel Bastards?
I've heard they're very good.

Keith, Bez and I are going for a curry and some bouze tonight.
Thought you'd like to know.

Can I go home now please?

Love
Tag x