Sinister: d'you feel like a remnant of something that's past?

Funkyseb at xxx.com Funkyseb at xxx.com
Wed Sep 30 00:17:13 BST 1998

hi popkids
as if you couldn't already tell by my total disregard for capitalization
during this post, i'm feeling a little bit shitty today. and yesterday. and
maybe tomorrow. is it possible to get shit poisoning? i just ask 'cause i had
to wade through raw sewage in an underpass yesterday, and i woke this morning
with a huge cold, and the whole works. happy bunny?
no.
and then i met my beautiful love and her new boyfriend, listened to his 'paki
jokes', looked at his twatty undercut, and vapid smile and wondered how anyone
so fantastic could go out with someone in such desperate need of a kicking. 'I
don't actually like any music' he said, in a pause between his chubby-brown
esque rib ticklers. 'I don't really listen to any.'
C**t.
Annnyway! Business in hand:
Corpora Arenacea  wrote:
<<All the people on this list sure weren't half this adorable in 1992.
	What I mean is that they were all listening to Fugazi and Mudhoney and
the Dead C and shit like that because it was vogueish to be into, you
know, the 'extremes of rock', all the Stooges and stuff.>>
What the fuck would you know about it? I don't listen to B&S 'cause they're
fashionable, or because, hey, their sleeves are 'just so so cute'. I listen
because when you've watched the girl you love walk off with some bloody idiot
with no respect or feelings for her, for the nth time, it's nice to have
someone else in your corner. I find it quite hard to get on sometimes, knowing
that I'll lose out to the bastards every time, that real love is out of date.
And it may be sad, but at least I get some solace from the empathy in Stuart's
lyrics. No one else writes songs as personal and affecting as Belle and
Sebastian today, and all the 'cellists come lately' in the world won't change
that fact. If you really see us that way, then you clearly know very little
about the band, and about the list. The list is full of adorable people, as
any picnicer, across the globe will tell you. What were we doing in 92?
Waiting for Belle and Sebastian.
(BTW what kind of a name is Corpora Arenacea for a B&S fan? I'm sure it means
something terribly clever, but it just makes you sound as if you fuck corpses
my dear.)
        I sincerly expect and deserve a honeybollocking for all this, but I
can't apologise, I'd leave first. I'll stand being accused of being twee, or
of being cliched, but never of being insincere. It really hurts.
              Talking of lovely people (and we really should), I second
Padraic's eulogy. Linda and Rory are uncommonly sweet people, and you New
Yorkers should be fighting for the honour of hosting them. Not only did they
hold the picnic in their lovely house, but Rory graciously entertained me and
FunkyFred all through the night, with his outstanding record collection. I
considered buying some FunkyFarahs in tribute to you Rory, but I just can't
carry them off the way you do. Respect.
       And it was lovely to see so many absolute stars at the picnic-all the
gorgeous regulars, and all the even more gorgeous new people. (especially the
ones who were nice about my drunken singing). I love you all very much.
anyway, maybe I'll see you all around.
seb