Sinister: a rather tender pervert

vlass at xxx.com vlass at xxx.com
Wed Sep 30 13:51:09 BST 1998

hello, my dears..

there's a lovely article about scottish pop in Exclaim, the monthly canadian
newspaper-y thing. of course there's tons of talk about the objects of our
desire, as well as the pastels, bis, primal scream, mogwai and arab strap..
you can read it for yourself at:

 http://www.exclaim.ca

but, let me give you a tiny excerpt (referring to Aidan from Arab Strap):
        "But talking to him you get the sense he's a rather tender pervert.
Tender and         rather shy, he says he's still recovering from hearing a
copy of the new
        Belle and Sebastian album, The BOy with the Arab Strap, earlier in
the week.
        It was the first time he heard lyrics to a song that is quite
possibly talking about         him.
        ""I'd heard the song live, but I couldn't understand what he was
saying because         sound-wise, they're quite terrible. I don't know who
their soundman is, but he's         not good. I guess I'm just hurt because
he never told me about it. I don't think it         was meant in a bad way,
but I would have liked to have been told about that
        beforehand." "

awwww. misunderstandings suck, don't they? i know because i was involved in
far too many yesterday afternoon.. but sigh, that's another story!

anyway IYFS is one of the "classic" scottish band albums, yay.

a friend of mine saw a girl wearing a cranes t-shirt and chased her down the
street. i wish i saw someone with a belle and sebastian shirt -- i would
definetely chase them down the street...

just got a felt tape in the mail,

teri xxx

uhhh, so what *is* happening before the toronto show? :)