Sinister: Select article

Honey honey at xxx.net
Thu Apr 1 14:31:11 BST 1999

> THE BAND'S FAMOUSLY TACI-
> TURN habits do appear to have
> rubbed off onto their fans.
> And, in connection with this article, the
> Sinister mailing list founder, Honey,
> says he's "not sure whether I want it publicised
> so much as we're a very special tidy little
> community!"

which actually had "but we'll see" tacked on the end of my offer to
help him out.  Misquotes two months in a row!  Hurrah!

Ho ho :)  This isn't so much of a misquote as a quote from a "private
communication", which is technically illegal to publish, isn't it?
Sue sue sue!  I was offering to help him out, no wonder Steve Lowe
never answered my subsequent emails and then unsubscribed from
Sinister again quietly two days ago without a word.  Makes good
copy I suppose.

Actually I'm rather proud to continue a strong tradition of looking
vague and going off to make a cup of tea when someone asks for a
story on Sinister.  I have more and more respect for the attitude of
our friends from Glasgow as time goes on, and damn right their habits
rub off on others.  Sinister doesn't need publicity, we're not
selling anything (except special subscription rates to journalists from
Select - it'll be in the FAQ soon) and we're very cosy thank you.  If
you live at emap.com and want to keep reading the list, get in touch
:)

honey xxx