Sinister: My friend knows Norman Blake's Grandmother

DavidJ2502 at xxx.com DavidJ2502 at xxx.com
Thu Apr 1 20:54:49 BST 1999

Hello there,

Every day that passes puts another flaming dagger into my heart. A little
melodramatic? Maybe, but now I read in the NME that The Flaming Lips have been
added to the Bowlie bill. Things couldn't get much better than this. I had
only just got over the shock of Teenage Fanclub's shock addition- my doctor
still prescribes warm cocoa and Bandwagonesque twice daily to calm my nerves-
now this! The shock is too much for a young man's heart to take. Of course, by
now you will have figured out that I am not going. I, like the sensible person
I am have opted for buying a car instead, though not for eighty-odd quid, mind
you, and have been kicking myself in the tender regions ever since (I have a
prescription to stop that as well).

It is with this in mind that I have created the Worlds Smallest Festival (TM).
To coincide with the Bowlie Weekend I am having a small gathering at my house
featuring a DJ set from my friend Chris and live music from me as  I bash out
Pastels classics on an old acoustic guitar; other acts TBC. As you might
expect from such an intimate venue (a three bedroomed semi-detached in the
Midlands) availability is limited. In fact, it's already sold out. Sorry.

Changing the subject a little bit... Did anyone listen to Lamacq Live this
week? Among the highlights: a dEUS live session, Suede live and me, two
friends and my brother getting destroyed by four Welsh girls on the Thin
Quizzy bit. For anyone who's in the slightest bit interested, they pre-record
the show something like three hours before it goes on air, so they can edit
out all of the boring bits ("What?", "Who?", "I've never even heard of them",
"Hang on Steve"). After all that, I was only on the radio for a micro-second
(muttering "Garbage" in my best Stuart Staples voice), leaving the young
Andrew Hickman, a Neds Atomic Dustbin acolyte from Stourbridge, to do all of
the talking. Nice to see a question about B&S though, and they played The
Gentle Waves as an interlude, so it's not all that bad is it?

Thanks for listening,

David J.

PS as for those tricky valve problems, Honey, have you ever tried
WWW.B33RZexitvalve.com/unplug.html?
Well don't, its crap.