Sinister: Oh, What luck!

allen ussher at xxx.ca
Thu Apr 1 21:31:30 BST 1999

I'm so happy, I had to share it with someone, but since no one here at my
work likes (or even knows of) B&S, I thought I'd post it here. :)

I decided to buy lunch today, so I left the office and went down to a
shopping centre nearby to buy lunch from a quaint little Chinese take-out
place.  I felt like wandering the mall (as we call them here) a bit seeing
if maybe we had the latest Select.  I should mention I'm in Canada, but
luckily, many magazine shops carry imports of Select.  I just want it for
that article that Stevie Trousers was nice enough to post here for the rest
of us to read.  Well, the shops didn't have the new one in yet, so I decided
to stop by my local HMV and browse the CDs they've got.  Went to the
"alternative" section and saw they have a fairly good selection.  They have
both B&S LPs, but Sinister is overpriced at $32CAN, which is quite high,
considering most CDs are around $15-$20.  I'd been purchasing too many CDs
of late, so I decided not to buy anything.  I passed by the singles section
and decided to browse that.  I browsed through several Pulp CD single
imports, but didn't feel like buying any at the moment.  Then, just for the
heck of it, I looked to see if there were any B&S CD singles there.  And to
my surprise, there WERE!  They had Dog on Wheels, Lazy Line Painter Jane,
and 3..6.. 9.. Seconds of Light.  I was ecstatic, as you can imagine.  This
is quite a surprise because, again, I'm in CANADA!!  I suppose there was a
B&S fan working at the HMV and decided to import these.  So I quickly
snatched Lazy Line.. and 3..6..9..  I had already ordered and received
Dog... and Modern Rock Song and planning on ordering these other two, so
this was quite a pleasant surprise.  Also, the exchange rate is not very
favourable for the Canadian dollar and International money orders are quite
expensive, so I saved quite a bit this way!  That made me very happy, of
course. :-)  Well, I had better get to work now.  thanks for listening if
you got this far in the message!

Allen
--
"Long afloat on shipless oceans