Sinister: The Pee/Dough Files

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Fri Apr 2 09:49:41 BST 1999

A big round of applause for Papercuts fanzine editor Stephen Trouss6
for sending in that marvellous article. I think we all came out of it
very well, especially JJ and Rachel, who got married because of Belle
and Sebastian. I bet Linda was laughing at the same thing that made me
guffaw in a very un-ladylike manner. Paul, I think it's high time you
updated our footers. Tag said he didn't recognise himself in the
article, but I bloody well did. Something about staff rooms, I think.
Tag also wrote:

Three weeks till St Moumoune's Day

Is this one of those coded lovey-dovey messages?

Any road, you'll be thrilled to learn that our special tidy little
community has hit the newstands in sunny Spain as well, in Fluffy's
favourite paper El País, in the special section for groovy young
people with tattoos. I t has a picture of a Scotch sex kitten
surrounded by three ugly ugly ugly boys, all looking at some poxy
book.

GUERILLA IN THE PRIZES

How to stop the most horrible artists always winning prizes? Belle and
Sebastian were competing in the revelation group category of the Brit
Awards against prfabricated products more popular than them, like 5ive
or Another Level. As this prize is decided by the votes of Radio One
listeners, the Scots made a call to their fans via Internet for them
to lend their support, putting forward the argument that it was a
unique opportunity to "give an enormous rude gesture involving putting
your fist over your elbow and raisng your arm as if it was an erect
penis (you know what I mean) to the music industry". More than 9000
responded, and the group took the prize home to the amazement of
everybody - this would never happen in Spain: thanks to the democratic
election systems of our awards, The Ear of Van Gogh and Malú can be
sure of their deserved statuettes-.
---------------------
Well, they seem to have got half the story right. I wonder how much
dosh they're offering for the other half? By the way, the dictionary
said "V-sign" but I thought that was a bit too rough and
unsophisticated for our lot, and I don't know the word for the
"charmante" continental equivalent, and besides, why should Trouss6's
scanner get all the attention?

Right, I'm off to watch Real Madrid youth team against Moscow Dynamo
or Dynamo Moscow's youth team on our local footy field. I'm rooting
for the Ruskies.

Sister Disco