Sinister: Dirty Dream vid on RAGE (lots of B&S content!)

Kin Woo travelling_light at xxx.com
Sun Apr 4 07:09:42 BST 1999

Hey lovely listees (LL!)
By now I hope you will have checked out the *fabu* virtual card I sent
to the list about this great new movie "Cruel Intentions". But I was
reading the card and my message is cut off! Boo!  Well what I mean to
say, is that I've seen the movie and totally LOVED it so thought I'd
share it will all you guys- since sharing is caring! The acting is
fantastic, particularly Sarah Michelle Gellar's (a total change from
"Buffy" and an effective one too- she's WONDERFUL as the venomous
bitch!) and Reese Witherspoon's performances who prove themselves to be
among the finest of the new crop of actors (along with Christina Ricci
of course). Most importantly and pertinent to you folks though is that
there is far more than enough delightfully wicked smut in the film to
keep any Sinisterine satisfied:) So with such great twists updating one
of the strongest narratives of all time ("Les Liaisons Dangereuses"), a
wonderfully trashy and nasty dialogue, great performances, you end up
with a movie you can't afford to miss. Go see it listees, you won't be
disappointed! It's definitely one of my fave movies of the year already.
What I'm also posting about is praise to God, some actual B&S content!!!
What you say in amazement, yes it's all true!!! I've just seen the video
for "Dirty Dream no 2" on this late night video show here in Australia
called "Rage" and it's erm interesting!:) A cool lo-fi video showing
quite a lot of people doing quite a lot of strange off-beat things. I
definitely be keeping the vid for keeps cos everything B&S do is
momentous right? I dimly remember months ago that someone on the list
had invited everyone in Athens at a certain time to come and be a part
of the video. So is this the video they selected for use in the end???
Help me out here! Someone tell me what's going on:)
If they actually used a fan made video, that is just so unbelievably
COOL AND GREAT, just another reason to add to the multitude of reasons I
already have, about why I love Belle and Sebastian so much. I don't
think any other band in history have interacted with their fans on such
a level before. So I should assume that all the people in the vid are
listees- wow YOU GUYS! YOU'RE FAMOUS NOW!!!:):) Would have LOVED to
participate, if only I wasn't stuck here in Australia! On the topic of
videos, I'm sorry to have missed seeing the "Is It Wicked Not To Care?"
video (Australian listees, did they show this on "Rage" and did I miss
it???) I saw a clip of it when I was in London, but alas it was too
short. Looked really lovely though, all very atmospheric and gorgeous.
Can anyone who's seen it tell me what it's like and what's it about?
On a final video-related note, the video for the new Lamb single
"B-Line" ROCKS! Lamb always make very interesting arty vids (check out
the AMAZING video for "Gorecki") and this one is no exception. There is
such a perfect synchronicity between song and image. Excellent! Go see.
Ok that's all for now, till later listees!
Seeya
Kin Woo

With A Star Upon Your Shoulder
Lighting Up The Path As You Walk