Sinister: What on earth does Sri Lankan cricket have to do with t his list?

Neil Dewhurst NeilD at xxx.uk
Tue Apr 6 14:49:36 BST 1999

Hmmm, a somewhat puzzling title perhaps?  Indeed, but I came across this on
cricinfo, the fab site for cricket lovers like myself.
SRI LANKA
Premier Tournament (Day 3 of 3):
Reid Avenue: Bloomfield 358 & 276, Sebastianites 240 & 41/2. Match drawn.
Bloomfield won on first innings.
Maitland Place: NCC 142 & 438/4, Galle 298. Match drawn. Galle won on first
innings.
Kurunegala: BRC 261 & 152/2, Kurunegala 231. Match drawn. BRC won on first
innings.

Have some of my sinister friends been doing a spot of moonlighting?  Me, I'm
eagerly awaiting the result of the match between Galle & Sebastianites.

Have the band ever expressed an interest in cricket?  If so, I'd put a team
out to challenge them to a nice game of Indoor cricket, or possibly French
cricket, or possibly no cricket at all.

And finally, I feel I ought to apologise to Isobel and the others for not
making it to the Gentle Waves gig on Sunday.  Having bought a ticket, I was
just too tired after a weekend with the family, and flaked out in my
girlfriend's flat.  Normally I wouldn't feel bad about that, but for some
reason I can't help feeling a little bit guilty.  I'll make it next time, I
swear, and I'll buy the album in lieu of my appearance.

Regards on this sunny day in central London.

Neil