Sinister: wearing upsidedown badges....

Marie Elia eliam at xxx.edu
Tue Apr 6 19:21:28 BST 1999

hello, you sinister lot,

when i went to the london looper gig, i had strategically placed an upside
down b&s badge on the collar of my jacket.  when i arrived at the improv
theatre, however, i was confronted with all these hipsters and generally
cooler-than-me kids, and i suddenly felt very self concious.  so i furtively
removed the badge and stowed it in my pocket...  i looked for other badges,
though!  however, yes -- they are too small and it was too dark and all the
kids (myself included) were sitting cross-legged on the floor...

so i sympathize with janeyapplecake who arrived at the camden tube stop
(which i found overwhelming in and of itself) only to slink away shyly...
i would probably have done the same.  i still mourn the fact that i got my
american self all the way to london, my week coinciding with the looper gig,
and i missed a sinister gathering as a result of no email!   grrrr...

that's it kids -- random ramblings.

xoxo,
marie