Sinister: Broadcast

Mark Iles iles at xxx.uk
Wed Apr 7 11:54:30 BST 1999

>Ininformed wannabe pop critic: So, what's your favourite band?
>
>Me: Belle & Sebastian
>
>Ininformed wannabe pop critic: Who? I haven't heard of them so they must be
>crap.
>
>How should I respond to this?

Won't he have got bored and wandered off by now?

Someone asked a few digests ago about Broadcast. The last I heard they have
a new album coming out fairly soon (in the next few months) and they'll be
doing a very brief tour before Bowlie, visiting Sheffield, Tunbridge Wells
and Birmingham (their home town). In case anyone doesn't know what they
sound like, they're a kind of cross between Portishead and Stereolab.

				Mark

Mark Iles,                              Tel: +44 (0113) 2065042
Imperial Cancer Research Fund,          Fax: +44 (0113) 2340183
Genetic Epidemiology Laboratory,
Ashley Wing,                            Email: iles at boreas.leeds.icnet.uk
St James's University Hospital,
Beckett Street,