Sinister: On a bus stop...

Blake E. Hamilton hamibe02 at xxx.edu
Wed Apr 7 22:04:17 BST 1999

Dear "The sun is shining but not for me" diary--

I would just like to announce that I got Tigermilk *and* The Black Sessions
in the mail yesterday.  Thusly, they've made their dent in my tape player
and I can't seem to hit "stop" no matter how badly I pull my wrists.  By the
way, I enjoy the Tigermilk version of The State I Am In much more than the
Dog On Wheels version.  There's something about the nostalgic pop and hiss
of vinyl that just creates the mood.

I got a flat tire on Saturday night when I was home, and since no handy
garage was open on this great Easter Sunday, I was stranded on a resort
island for another day, missing classes.  *sigh*

Does anyone on this list read Cavafy?  I am very much in a Cavafy mood
presently.  I'm having a pre-midlife crisis where all I can think about is
how it was so great to be a kid.  I think I'm going to pretend I'm 16 again.
Hey, I look like it anyways.

Has anyone found a cure for shyness yet?  I think it's the worse disease in
the world.  Well I'm off to my RA meeting (yes I am going to be a Resident
Adviser next year, imagine that, me a role model) and then I shall return to
a night of baseball on the radio and The Kids Are Alright on the tube.

The world's using me as a punching bag...

love to you all,
blake