Sinister: the Gingko Leaves

Mick McMick * Sandcastle Records bp224996 at xxx.edu
Thu Apr 8 05:15:28 BST 1999

Hm...
	So has anyone in the states bought the album? If so, where did you get
it? Magnetic Megan and I saw it in Other Music when I was visiting her,
but neither of us wanted to cough up $5.50 for a song with lyrics sung
in French when the English version was on the album. Oh, and if anyone
knows where you can still find "Lover Plays the Bass," by Saint Etienne,
please write Megan or I, it seems everywhere is sold out of it.
	Broadcast... well they do sound like Stereolab, but only if Stereolab
went back in time and took their keyboards with them. The drums on the
album are definately not from this decade, but oh-so-nice.
I've always liked the way drums sounded "way back when," and few people
seem to be able to imitate that that I've heard.
	In totally unrelated news, this not-so-new Quigley album is amazingly
good. I didn't think it so hot on first listen, but it grew on me like
moss. Well...that's a bit deceptive, as I usually bathe enough that moss
doesn't get much of an...erm...mosshold I suppose. Moss don't have feet
or toes, to my knowledge. So anyway, I'd recommend it to anyone with
ears.
	Yes, well that's that.

 /"\_/"\_/"\  Mick McMick/Sandcastle Records <<->> bp224996 at ohiou.edu
 \         /  Sandcastle Records Homepage:                ICQ#5056758