Sinister: Saturday Glasgow Picinic

Sleeka Sounds sleeka_sounds at xxx.com
Thu Apr 8 14:54:19 BST 1999

Hello!

I thought for those who are coming to the picinic on Saturday I would
give some handy directions on how to get to the meet up point (1
O'clock at the fountain in Kelvingrove park).  Follow these as if
they were instructions. If anyone has a better plan, don't worry
about my feelings):

1.  Go to Glasgow

2.  Get the Underground to Kelvinbridge.   If you can't find an
underground station, just ask someone in a shop or something.
People in shops are usually nice in Glasgow, even if they sound cross
and look scary.   In fact the scarier the person looks, the nicer
they are.

3.  At Kelvinbridge Underground leave by the main exit i.e. go up the
big escalator to Great Western Road.

4.  Turn right and walk smartly to the traffic lights.   Do not make
eye contact with anyone.

5.  Turn right again and you will now be on Park Road.  You should be
able to see Kelvingrove park from there.  There, down at the bottom,
do you see?  Down there, across the road!

6.  Walk down towards the park.  You will pass a "world of video"
shop on your right hand side, where you can buy rude films at
smashing bargain prices.   Across the road is a grimy record shop,
"the lost     chord" in which you can buy second hand wank mags,
which you may or may not be able to prise open.  I wouldn't know
about that.

7.  Walk towards the park, and carefully cross Gibson street until
you are in the park.   There's a smashing beanie baby shop on Gibson
street, if you're into that sort of thing.   I am!  They've got
Britannia the bear and everything, but you've got to buy ten others
before they sell you that.

8.  Now, if you follow the main path that you are on all the way
round you will eventually see the fountain, which is pretty big.

9.  If you're a girl, I know it's taboo, but remember to pack your
sanitary care and bits.

I hope that helps.   Mail me if you need further assistance, unless
of course it's Saturday and you're lost.  Because I won't be in.
Right, I'll do a proper letter now.  I bought that album yesterday,
it's much better than I thought it would be.  Which is saying
nothing, cos it's still gash.   I like the song about the tree, and
the one which the lady says "caterpillar" in, because I like
caterpillars.   There's been a lot of hype about trees the last
couple of decades, but I still reckon they're alright.   But, you
know, I'm rather excited that Stuart's middle name is 'Lee'.  Because
now we can call him   'Stuart Lee Roth',  'Stuart Lee Travis' and
'Murdoch Lee Majors'.  Only behind his back, mind.

Chris Leonard Nimoy