Sinister: Birds, Buses and Dave the Moon Man

Pete Ramsdale Peter.Ramsdale at xxx.com
Fri Apr 9 12:35:10 BST 1999

As a glorious addition to two of the current trains of thought (don't know
whether 'trains' is the right word for this list - maybe they're just less your
InterCity type and more your average built-in-the-early-sixties somewhat shabby
rolling stock), I am pleased to announce that I got mauled by a bird on a bus
once. All I did was go up and ask her if she sat on that particular bus often,
and she bit my hand and pinched my biscuit. I have since purchased another
digestive and had a couple of fingers sewn back on, but it really isn't the
same. What's the world coming to, eh?

In a more musical context, I find myself compelled to rapturously plug the
Looper album. It's definitely the best thing I have bought this side of Come On
Die Young. Which was the best thing I bought this side of The Boy With The Arab
Strap, and so on and so forth, ad infinitum, tedium or nauseam, whichever comes
first. In particular, I do feel quite a large amount of empathy with Dave the
Moon Man - not only for the amount of time we both seem to spend lying on lawns,
pissed, with the dew soaking through our respective trousers, but also because I
too seem to have the rather perverse habit of arguing against what I actually
believe in, hoping beyond hope that somebody far more intelligent with much more
self-confidence will come along and shoot me down, thus proving what I actually
thought to be true in the first place. Erm..... discuss. Oh yeah, and the
music's good too. Also bought the Gentle Waves album the other day. Haven't had
chance to listen to it yet since my flat has recently been unceremoniously
invaded by my parents, who just seem to spend their time sitting around
complaining if I play music and gleefully watching me suffer because I can't
smoke. I love them really, but they're bloody hard work at times. But, I'm sure
that an equally badly worded opinion on the GW album is in the pipeline.
Probably shortly after their departure on Sunday. So, keep your pointers
weightily poised over that delete button.

Well, that's it for now - must go and do some work. Goddammit life's hard.

Hasta luego, amigos,

lol p xx.

 Life is full of regrets, and I've had a few, as Frank Sinatra
 once sang, before hiccuping loudly and falling over sideways.

 Pete Ramsdale - peter.ramsdale at wdr.com
 Phone: 0171 568 3836

related financial instruments.