Sinister: SPIN city, catholic-school-girls, and geese.

Marie Elia eliam at xxx.edu
Fri Apr 9 15:03:24 BST 1999

"and the rain comes rattling..."

good [rainy] morning, ye of the sinister persuasion,
(i think i used "ye" incorrectly, and my HistoryOfTheEnglishLanguage
professor would probably have my head for it, but...)

i was reading SPIN last night -- a hi-gloss, sell-out publication
second in shamelessness only to RollingStone -- and there was a
review of Blur's new album.  now, i'm not going to comment on blur
because, in all honesty, i think all i ever heard was "song 2," but
in the review, the author mentioned that the band were tackling lost
love or something, and then proceeded to mention a slew of other
bands who are partial to this, including Belle&Sebastian.  ... i may
not have gotten the words right, and SPIN will probably sue me, but i
thought i'd mention it...

on the topic of school uniforms:  i went to catholic school for 8
years, and although it was not boarding school or all-girls, i DID
have to wear a plaid skirt and woolen knee socks.  and it was Damn
Hot come june 23, let me tell you!

i've never been mauled by birds, but my mum was once chased home from
school (in 4th grade or something) by geese.  in freakin' new jersey
suburbia!

dave the moon man is my current favorite looper song -- precious.

take care,
xoxo,
marie

ps.  kisskiss!