Sinister: Big Youth Fights Against Capitalism

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Sat Apr 10 10:20:11 BST 1999

One cannot help but feel that there would be no need for promotional
picnics had no one betrayed the sacred mandate handed to them by the
very heathen masses who are least fooled by the thin veil of illusory
Brit-tastic power and vulgar oppulence on display, thanks to Babylon's
earthly emissaries, pushers of pop...we trust in pop when the flood
begins, the Lord shall roar and then...

Whoops! Sorry about that. I've been reading about Pol Pot and
listening to Mister Yabby You at the same time.

I applaud Big Stu's decisionn to resist the temptation of paying full
price for a mini album, despite the rather attractive "featuring
players from Belle and Sebastian" sticker. Players? That's reggae
talk, isn't it? I like the sleeve notes best. I wonder if the old dog
likes it? Too few records are dedicated to animals.

Today is the big day. The Glasgow picnic. I enjoyed Christopher's
directions very much, took me right back. I didn't know The Lost Chord
had branched out. Used nuddy mags used to be the preserve of the
Barras, requiring a Sunday slog at least once a month to stock up. I
bet it'll be a fantastic picnic. Who's sponsoring it? I wonder if
it'll be better than the London one? Of course, we don't want to start
up any pointless rivalries again, like last year, but I reckon it's a
foregone conclusion. And I agree with whoever said we won't tolerate
any of this old fans are better than new fans business. Oh no.

I like the Select article much more with photos and memorabilia. All
those Johnny Come Latelies in their TWATTYBUS t-shirts, and only one
person in the vastly superior yellow and green bus design. Pah! Kids
today! No wonder Duke prefers appreciating the music as an individual.

After the excitement of the Roddcam, I thought it would be all
downhill. But nothing, no nothing, can compare to the thrills on offer
at Splat's Going to Bowlie page. I'm a regular visitor. Apparently
there's going to be merchandise available too! I hope Splat takes note
and sets up a stall selling her own widdle to make the chalets a real
home from home.

lots of love,

Sister Disco of the Immaculate Contraption