Sinister: Can't stop the music

Robert McTaggart mctag at xxx.com
Sun Apr 11 00:01:43 BST 1999

Hello You Lot.

This top ten series on Channel 4 is great.  Tonight it was disco,
presented by Huggy Bear (the Starsky and Hutch one, not the band).
Nice to see Kraftwerk smiling and finding out that Roger Daltrey hated
disco.  Was it him who was heard to mutter "watch your backs" as the
Village People were announced?  Mayve Keith knows.

Mick wrote of the St Winifred's school choir:

>but neither of us wanted to cough up $5.50 for a song with lyrics sung
>in French when the English version was on the album.

I remember an interview with Lisa-Marie Presley and Michael Jackson
where they were asked if they'd like to live abroad.  Lisa-Marie said,
"Abroad?  We went there once, and it was nice, but it was nice to come
home".  For some reason Mick's mail made me think of this.

Chris Tunnock wrote:

>A memo to Slobodan Milosevic and NATO,
>play a litle IYFS, instead of wreaking havoc on innocent souls.

It takes a great deal to offend me, but Chris, you managed it.  I
tried to convince myself that this was a misguided joke, but it isn't,
is it?  Yugoslavia has a tradition of beautiful, haunting folk music,
which cannot fail to stir the soul, yet hasn't patched up 600 years of
mistrust between races, so your suggestion that somehow a bunch of
Westerners singing of the lives and loves of the relatively priviliged
is naive at best, and phenomenally patronising, at worst.

We had our own Manchester picnic last night.  Well, JJ, Risso,
Warrander John and Emma came round and we drank and talked and
listened to records so it was a kind of picnic.  It was also a  kind
of musical truth or dare as JJ admitted to owning a Stars on 45 LP,
John confessed to wearing Bay City Rollers tartan trousers as a youth,
and everyone laughed at my Britney Spears record.  Risso and Emma
unsportingly confessed nothing, I'm worried that they're going to be
using what they heard as evidence against us, the slippery tricksters.

Got to go, Wumpkinny on Line 2.

Love tag xx