Sinister: we're not a band that has a farm, we're a farm that has a band

Pulpbot at xxx.com Pulpbot at xxx.com
Mon Apr 12 03:33:22 BST 1999

Like-minded,

What with tha B&S fest in England happening shortly, the flourishing picnic
scene, general list camraderie, et al, it seems silly that the idea of a
commune, composed of this list, has not taken hold. Perhaps a few baby steps
could be taken at the Camber thing: impregnating ladies, growing beards (not
you, ladies!), wearing macrame, etc. Of course, I can't take credit for the
idea as I purchased an amusing little trifle of a manifesto last night called
"Hey Beatnik," put out around 1970 by a Tennessee commune. Lots of heavy and
helpful information, so try not to let the shocking misogny bum you out.
Here's a few choice bits, please contact me for a transcription of the entire
book.
1) If you plan to keep horses, remember you're getting involved with life and
death karma.
2) To get through the [commune's] gate, you've got to work it out with the
gate man. The gate man believes in telling the truth. It's a yoga, the gate
is a yoga unto itself.
3) We say that we're like a mental nudist colony, and you have to take off
your head clothes.
4) (On making outhouses) We've been working out our cultural shit-shock as we
go.
5) Deep in your heart, you know that it's a lot harder and takes a lot more
patience and a lot more character to tune a car than it does to write an
English paper.
6) Sometimes folks are so heavy at weddings-people say their vows so heavy
and so pure it just stones everybody.
7) Talk about women's lib, how about unborn babies' lib?
8) Ladies are supposed to take it upon themseles to create a field among them
as far as their influence can reach that's nice and smells good and feels
good.
9) Single cats shouldn't never spank nobody else's kid. That causes a lot of
beatnik trouble.

If this is working right, y'all should be smelling me smelling good right
about now.