Sinister: They do it down on Camber Sands, they do it at Waikiki

Tim Hopkins hopkinstim at xxx.com
Mon Apr 12 13:32:28 BST 1999

Dearly beloved,

Knowing what a moral list this one is, I thought I'd caution you that
there are signs that ungodly jiggery-pokery may take place at the
Bowlie festival. Yes, friends, it has been suggested to me that
Camber Sands may be the venue for (shield your eyes, those of a
sensitive disposition) sexual congress outside the safety of the
matrimonial bed. Don't take my word for it. See for yourself at
http://www.squeezefan.com/Songbook/Pulling_Mussels.htm, part of a
website dedicated to those purveyors of decidedly questionable smut,
Squeeze.

I shall, of course, be writing to all your parents individually to
warn them that this sort of thing may go on.

I am also in the process of compiling the list of things that I
intend to do down at Camber Sands. I will be doing down David
Sylvian, Mercury Rev, Plymouth Argyle and Pink Floyd. Anyone with any
suggestions for additions to this list please mail me privately.

Mr Peter 'God Is A PJ' Miller reasoned:

>One cannot help but feel that there would be no need for promotional
>picnics had no one betrayed the sacred mandate handed to them by the
>very heathen masses who are least fooled by the thin veil of illusory
>Brit-tastic power and vulgar oppulence on display, thanks to
>Babylon's
>earthly emissaries, pushers of pop...we trust in pop when the flood
>begins, the Lord shall roar and then...

I couldn't agree more. Ites. Rasta no picnicpocket. Guilty conscience
speak louder than words. Seen. Actually, I tried chanting down
Babylon at the weekend and all I got was a sore throat. Maybe next
week.

>...despite the rather attractive "featuring>players from Belle and
Sebastian" sticker. Players? That's reggae
>talk, isn't it?

Yes indeed. The singers and players of instruments shall be there,
unless they're writing stories and arseing around with old
synthesisers and tellies and stuff, in which case they won't be
there. Prophecy reveal. Out of one, many.

I'm also pleased to announce that I have just about recovered form
the trauma of finding myself involved in some foul dream from the
fetid swamps of Fister Disco's imagination. I mean, how would *you*
feel if he dreamed of you and unflushed turds? My own dreams are now
haunted by the vision of Miller in a hula skirt singing 'show me a
motion, la la la la la'. Not pretty.

Incidentally, Peter, if you're reading this, please please please
honour the terms of our agreement- I sent the errr...goods for you
about SIX MONTHS ago and please if you could take some time and
finally send those photos (including the negatives), I'd be extremely
grateful (and forgiving!:)) Is the chafing still causing you trouble,
by the way?

Fluffy, I shall be voting for Coco Pops' name to be changed. Changed
forever, d'you hear? K*lloggs is a well-known branch of multinational
Babylon and therefore they cannot have anything to say on the subject
of pop. It's ours! And they're trying to steal it! And sell it back
to us! Yeah!

This is your CB Savage, wall to wall and treetop tall. That is all.

tim