Sinister: glaring errors! aka jokes i don't get

**Megan Lehar** mkl206 at xxx.edu
Tue Apr 13 06:03:50 BST 1999

first off trousers said:

>Linda Bellingham. Does this indicate that The Verve are going to make a
>surprise appearance for the twee nation? No. As committed W!H!O!vians such
>as Peter and Keith will know, "the vervoids" was actually the name of
>Richard Hell's first band after Tom Verlaine kicked him out of Television.
>So expect a big chorus of "Love Comes in Spurts" some time over the three
>days.

ah, but mr trousers, i do believe that richard hell's band was called the
voidoids.  of course, this now raises the question, how would i know this,
and not trousers or tim popkins or peter miller?  i'm puzzled.  really, my
world has become completely askew, i'm lost without a hand hold in the
universe.  it's pretty poo.  which leads me to the conclusion that this is
somehow a joke that i don't get.

i should also take this time to point out that i will *not* be appearing at
the bowlie.  it has to do with problems of money, specifically an airline
ticket.  but i felt important to warn everyone now, so you will have
optimal time to ask for refunds and the like.  i don't blame you, i
wouldn't go if i wasn't going to be there either.

is phillippe missing in action?  if so, he might have converted to
mormonism and gone on his mission.  just a warning.  in that case, you
should write him a letter.

over the weekend, i've been alternately listening to miaow and even as we
speak.  they rock!  not necessarily in a WHO sense of the word, more like a
kinder, gentler... something.  i'm not big on specifics right now.

oh, and have we passed the 1000 mark yet?  honey?

i love you all.  mostly.

xox
megan

mkl206 at is8.nyu.edu