Sinister: No one has mentioned Bell-end Semenstain lately

Mark Casarotto Mark at xxx.com
Wed Apr 14 14:51:05 BST 1999

One day, could someone please write to sinister and say "great! This
interview in x media scum mag is quite funny, and pretty accurate, and
informative too! I really enjoyed reading that" with a big honest
metaphorical grin. I enjoyed reading the Q interview, I thought the piece in
Select was funny and often spot on, I like the fact people in the media are
interested in B&S - I don't care about their motives, I think it's fab that
the band get press.

I really enjoyed the Q review because it talked about my favourite band, and
said things I didn't know, and gave me a bit more of an idea what Richard
and Chris and Stevie are like (though I was disturbed by that bit with the
teabag). I found it funny when it was funny, not just because I knew more
than the writer. I'm sure the interviewer got some things wrong - most of
which I couldn't correct anyway - but so what? I don't read Q, I don't
suppose I ever will, but thank you to them for putting Belle and Sebastian
in their paper.

There. Sorry, I had to say that - I'm sure Mick had no intention of saying
any of the things I've railed against, but it just reminded me of all the
off into elitism and one-upmanship. Hell, I enjoy elitism and one-upmanship
as much as the next one-upman, but I felt I should say this rather than
bottling it up till next time.

To lighter things...am I wrong, or does tinystar Jess every now and again
write to the list promising to take off yet another item of clothing? There
is in fact a photo of me with me vest on somewhere on the net, but I imagine
it's less alluring, somehow...

School uniform - until I was 13, I had to wear a crimson blazer to school,
which gave the local thugs an extremely easy target. There was a lot more
trouble between the local girls' schools, though - just before I left, there
were reports of vanloads of police having to break up a running battle at
Wimbledon station between 50 girls, armed with knives, bike chains etc. Must
have been quite a sight, if not terribly Belle and Sebastian.

I'm going to buy a football for Bowlie.
Shit on the Villa,
Markx