Sinister: Slouching Towards Bowlie Mayhem

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Thu Apr 15 12:13:32 BST 1999

I too thought the Bowliefest was going to be cack, but now I'm
knock-kneed at the thought of missing those fabulous special interest
short films. Can someone bootleg them for me, please?

Bad cowboy songs? "There's a Guy Works Down the Chip Shop Swears He's
Elvis" and "Crocodile Shoes" and "Don't Come the Cowboy With Me Sonny
Jim" by Kirsty Macoll and Spender.

I vote for "I nambled and pambled with Isobel Campbell".

JEEPSTER PISS-TAKE CORNER:

I also enjoy the B&S articles in the music press, I just say they're
shite in a vain attempt to get on Beepster's nerves, seeing as they
seem to virtually write them these days. I particularly enjoy the
increasingly far-fetched attempts to make Murdoch out to be a complete
freak, even more of a loony than he really is. I mean for example -
over to Mister Jones:

"He came in wearing just a vest, a pair of shorts and Doc
Martens, put his foot up on one of those white traffic bollards and
started playing these incredible songs."

Does that mean he wasn't wearing underpants? If not, did his goolies
fall out when he put his foot up on the "white traffic bollard"? No
wonder Mister Jones was taken aback....

"For three months afterwards, I still couldn't even really
talk to Stuart because I was just so in awe of him."

With the Scottish elections coming up, I wonder who B&S are going to
vote for? Is Murdoch a Donald Dewar devotee? Will Isobel commit the
"unpardonable folly" of voting SNP? Does Sarah get a vote? I would ask
the folks at Beepster, but they go all funny when they hear the word
"vote".

Ha ha, just a bit of friendly ribbing. But I'm a bit surprised by the
fact that none of these articles in the music press seem willing to
dig a little deeper. Surely they don't really believe that ten
thousand people voted for B&S in the Brits? Even educated fleas can
see that the idea is preposterous and ludicrous, not to mention
outlandish. And why don't they reject the received wisdom that S L
Murdoch is a really great songwriter? I mean, he's not bad....and does
anyone else think Paul Simon and Bob Dylan are on a par with each
other?

Mitchell, I saw an album by Kate Jugsy yesterday, and it was really
cheap, but I couldn't buy it because I was affronted by her Brian May
bubble perm. Has it gone yet?

Sister Disco