Sinister: bunch of gangwanking loopers

Marie Elia eliam at xxx.edu
Thu Apr 15 13:14:34 BST 1999

hallo, sinister.

it's 8am, too early -- and my paper is due in one and a half hours.  yes,
i'm a student, therefore i feel compelled to tell you all about all the work
i have...   hey, it says "students" right in the footer, so i feel justified
in exploiting my collegiate experience.  speaking of the footer, i rather
like the gangwanking whimsy-thon part...  it's got that s&m/biblestudies
thing about it -- cute but vaguely sinister, yes?   when my friends comment
that belle & sebastian are cute (having heard a few songs here and there),
i'm like, yeah but they're so Dirty -- you have to listen to the lyrics.  ah,
but they don't believe me.

i agree with pj miller that the press, from what i've read, seem to make
stuart m. out to be a freak and a half.  i don't know the guy, so i can't say
-- maybe he Does run around in shorts and no underwear, and while i'm sure
that most of the biscuit-nibbling, nambling pambling list got a kick out of
that image (uh, yeah), i think it's just the press being bored b/c they can't
actually Talk to the guy in the silver trousers...

oh, by the way, i too vote for "i nambled and pambled with isobel campbell."
 sadly, i won't be crocheting at cambersands (although i CAN crochet -- oh
geez, i'm so cool, yeah?), or cosuming any rice pudding, or (hmmmm....)
participating in said whimsy-thon.... but you sinister lot go and have
yrselves a real good time, okay?

and why is everyone dissing looper?  i think the album is awesome -- as for
the repeating melody, isn't that kind of the point?  like, video loops and
looped beats and all?  it makes for a nice, cohesive, continuous 40 minutes
(or whatever) of music....

okay, i'll put this post out of its misery, having worked about 75% of the
footer phrases into my 4 paragraphs -- i need to write my paper....

xo,
marie