Sinister: Green eggs and ham

Robin Stout Ppyrrjs at xxx.uk
Thu Apr 15 15:11:11 BST 1999

Mark wrote;

>I'm kind of hoping someone can correct my Dr Who trivia, because
>then I won't look quite so sad. How about Stuart for the next
>Doctor? Isabelle could be his companion and they could have a
>musical interlude in the middle. Maybe not.

Well Stu's got the boyish charm. And Izzy would look great in a boob
tube. If the Master was to launch an attempt to rule the world by
subjecting us to his phat kickin' beats, Stu and Isobel could throw
sublime chord changes and innocent filth at him till they lodged in
his beard, thus weighing him down and halting his dastardly plans. I
reckon they could do it.

I'm all in favour of musical interludes. I read in the paper the
other day that some film distribution people are trying to close down
a cinema for having intermissions during films. Wankers.
Intermissions are great. How else is granny going to get to stretch
her legs, dad smoke his pipe, and a hundered people tap their toes
to chill wurlitzer sounds?

Talking of organs (ooh!), or at least pianos, has anyone seen a film
called The 5000 Fingers Of Dr T? It was on telly the other day. It
was apparently based on a book by Dr Seuss and was about a boy who
dreamt of an evil music teacher called Dr Terwilliker who was
training 500 boys (with 5000 fingers) to play an enormous grand piano
with thousands of keys. Scary stuff. Luckily the plumber saved the
day.

That's all for now.

Robin