Sinister: A Tango with Death OR Flute Solos

Mick McMick * Sandcastle Records bp224996 at xxx.edu
Fri Apr 16 02:32:39 BST 1999

Hi,
	Er, no one died, just so you all know. Hm...been a pretty eventful few
days it seems. Lotsa newbies with amusing/interesting first posts. As I
was walking about today, I found myself humming a song. "What is this
song?" I found myself wondering. In fact, after a few steps I realized
that it was the A-side to the new Castaway Stones single. The odd part
to this is that due to a previously broken record player I've only had
the chance to listen to the record once (well, at the time of the
humming I had). So...definately catchy.
	Hm, I find myself wondering something: if the Gentle Waves have a
flute, etc. player, does this mean we can expect her to lend her
flauting skills to the next B&S record? I certainly hope so. None in a
number of various instrument solos has ever quite matched that flute
solo in "Belle & Sebastian." Really, I mean that, it's really great. I
found myself liking flute solos from then on, and since that wasn't a
B&S member playing, we've all been deprived of flute solos post-Dog on
Wheels.
	I was delighted to see Ferris Bueller's Day off in the list of movies
being shown, despite my financial inability to attend. Definately the
best teen flick of the 80's, in these eyes. As an aside, does anyone
know if there's a way to get ahold of the soundtrack? Out of curiosity I
checked Amazon.com and I got The Rockin' Berries Featuring Jefferson.
Somehow I don't that's the same thing. Oh, nevermind, I found some info
on it. Apparently there were only 20 copies of it. That explains some
things. And one of the songs I like was by the Flowerpot Men. Anyone?
Anyone? Okay I'll get off this topic.
	Lastly, I would like to say if anyone is in Chicago, they should really
check out the art museums there. I have a bad time with museum names,
but the one they go to in Ferris Bueller's Day Off (I think it's
something like The Chicago Art Museum or a similar no-brainer) is great
and has several Dali's. And a trip to Chicago is not complete without a
stop at Reckless Records. Yep. Okay, that's enough for me, must get back
to work.

 /"\_/"\_/"\  Mick McMick/Sandcastle Records <<->> bp224996 at ohiou.edu
 \         /  Sandcastle Records Homepage:                ICQ#5056758