Sinister: When Cameron was in Egypt land, let my Cameron go...

Alasdair Cook MS1996 acook at xxx.uk
Fri Apr 16 11:42:32 BST 1999

Mr McMick wrote:

> I was delighted to see Ferris Bueller's Day off in the list of movies
> being shown, despite my financial inability to attend. Definately the
> best teen flick of the 80's, in these eyes.

Yeah, Bueller was good, but Some Kind Of Wonderful edges it for me.
Sorry, I know the 80's teen movies thread was months ago but I don't
care.

Actually this gives me an excuse to go even further back to the
mis-hearing of lyrics, as I used to think it was "Look at me, I'm on TV,
it makes up for the shortcomings of being born" (as opposed to being
poor) which I think is better, as it explains Anthea Turner.

Hope to see one or two of you before (and/or at) Salako/Sodastream
tomorrow. This is probably what we should have done last week (i.e.
going straight to the pub and not having a picnic) as it was bound to
rain, I mean it's Glasgow, for fucks sake. Still, it's not our fault, we
were born shambling buffoons and that's the way we'll no doubt stay.

By the way, if anyone knows who's organising the films at Bowlie, could
they slip them a tenner and ask them not to put Annie Hall on at the
same time as any decent bands? I think it's only fair that the Greatest
Film Ever Made (TM) should be seen by as many people as possible.

Cheers

Alasdair xx