Sinister: Big city, bright lights, cool, cool people

Mark Casarotto Mark at xxx.com
Fri Apr 16 16:45:26 BST 1999

Oh fuck it, I haven't done any work today anyway...

>  Were going to Manchester, Bournemouth
> and London of course.

	[Mark Casarotto]  Becky, is the Bournemouth bit to see an ailing
relative or something? I suppose bits of it are quite nice, but for real
kicks for chicks, get yourself to Royal Leamington Spa, Jewel of the West
Midlands (and it has JaMeS in it). Or Hull.

> Now er are wondering, may it be a sinsiter meet up?? Can we have a
> blast?? Does anyone know any cheap places in London to saty in??

	[Mark Casarotto]  Bound to be, my friend, bound to be. And if you're
after somewhere to satay, there's a chain of Mongolian barbecue restaurants,
who used to do all you can eat for 9 quid or something.

	Boom, and indeed, boom.

	Kevan and his flaxen hair said:

> Is there something wrong with the page that lists the Bowlie line-up?
> The bottom of the page doesn't seem to be loading, the bit where it
> says that Roolz will be there.

	[Mark Casarotto]  Yes, I noticed that, too. Perhaps they're the
impromptu set in the Queen Vic that David promised in the Bowie details. Or
perhaps that's where Bowie himself is playing - I didn't see his name in the
line up either. Rock on, Starman!

> A special interest film called "Student Nurse"?  I think I might have
> seen that one.

	[Mark Casarotto]  I've got the vid Kevan, you can watch it in the
chalet if you like, um, when the girls are asleep...

	Katrina chipped in:

> people have been asking how many keys you get to a chalet and we think
> the answer is two :)

	[Mark Casarotto]  Fuck. Fucky fuck. If anyone can bring a mobile
key-cutting service I'll give them my spare Gentle Waves badge.

	[Mark Casarotto]  Pete added:

>   you've been given a tape with a certain song on
> it, and then you buy the album that the song has been
> lifted from. On listening to the album, you hear the tune
> in question. The tune ends, and you start singing the next
> song from the tape you've been given, and not the album.

	[Mark Casarotto]  I have a bigger problem with songs that have been
taped with me which have jumps and skips in them thanks to the
well-lovedness of the original vinyl, which leads to embarrassing premature
commencement of the chorus and a rather bizarre interpretation of the words.
Hate My Way by Throwing Muses is about 20 seconds longer in real life than
on my tape, but cos I fell in love with it in crackly form, I kind of prefer
the jumps nowadays :)

	Steve posited:

> With regards to Ferris and his day off, although this is an ace 80's
> moment
> it pales in comparison with

	[Mark Casarotto] <snip> (sorry Steve :)) National Lampoon's Animal
House. This is an unarguable fact, like those big numbers you get on
calculators which help you calculate the mass of the universe or something
(did you know that 90% of the matter in the universe is unnaccounted for? I
have a few pet theories as to what it could be, but I'll shut up, I think).
How Tom Hulce hasn't got an Oscar on his mantlepiece for his sensitive
portrayal of - oh bollocks, I can't remember his fraternity name - well,
anyway, it's a travesty.

	Which reminds me - has anyone on this list actually been a frat boy?
What's it like? What was your name? What did you have to do for initiation?
Did you spy on nudie girls through dorm windows? Tell me more!

	God, I do go on, don't I...

	But seriously,
	Mark xxx