Sinister: invasion from mars: interplanetary stories

jessica tinystar at xxx.com
Fri Apr 16 18:55:41 BST 1999

aloha you sweet things,

wheee! it's raining today and much less chilly than other days, so of course
i had to run outside and roll my pants up to my knees and jump in the
puddles barefoot. but then the postman came and gave me a puzzled look, so i
retreived my mail and went inside. the bottoms of my feet are dirty from the
pavement. or it could be dirt. whatever.

i would like to point out that i am not offering sexual favours (unless
you're the roolz boys - oh, how i love boy bands) in exchange for a bowlie
ticket, but i have included an easy-to-read-and-compare list of reasons you
should all splurge for me. on a *ticket*, kids. minds out of the gutter.
- own both travel scrabble and travel yahtzee
- have wonderful lock-picking abilities (to overcome the 2-key problem)
- have gold stars which are given to good boys and girls
- will not talk through the movies or throw popcorn at the screen
- will bring cases of coveted kraft dinner
- will bring cases of coveted jell-o desserts
- can pick up duty-free liquor at the airport
- own a nurse's uniform (for 'student nurse' fun)
- have a very twee fear of pigeons
- will bring barry white album for 'love sweet love' atmosphere

and although my maths aren't very good, i've managed to figure out that if
each and every one of the 19 people that voted for me on the list crush poll
would each send $25, then we'd all be happier and i'd be seeing you in
bowlie.

< s i g h >

on to more realistic things...

i've read the may select b+s article (after carefully removing the dusty
springfield poster and gazing at brett anderson's lovely trousers), i must
say that i got quite the little thrill seeing stevie trousers and the duke
and list mummy honey quoted. the best part? when asked what went on in the
sinister chat room...
"smut. there's always a lot of smut..."
as much as i enjoyed that, it meant that i couldn't let my mum read the
article. she saw me carrying it around, this was before i read any of it,
and i mentioned that there was a big article on belle and sebastian and the
sinister list, and she said "oh good, now maybe i'll understand why you have
to subscribe to a mailing list about only one band." something tells me
she'd understand even less if she read about them, and that i'd be net
nannied to death over the smut mention. however, i did quite enjoy "belle
and sebastian fans are not totally normal." i'm crossing my fingers that
they'll have a feature on stuart murdoch's room. i can only imagine what fun
it would be.

love,
jessicaxo